Museum of Vancouver
A New Vision
In one of Canada’s most innovative museums, Dreicer's responsibilities included strategic planning, interpretive direction, partnership building, and the development of strategies for engaging people in programs, exhibitions, and collections. Dreicer developed the Museum of Vancouver’s new vision: to inspire a socially connected, civically engaged city. Please read about it here.
Dreicer worked with colleagues to:
• Define thematic focus, with particular attention to exploring Vancouver’s iconic features.
• Reconnect the museum with individuals, foundations, corporations, government, and non-profits, in order to create new offerings, increase engagement, and encourage support.
• Create popular signature events.
• Revise institutional processes around curatorial, engagement, marketing, and development.
• Presenting Stefan Sagmeister: The Happy Show, which broke attendance and revenue records.
• Developing #makesmehappy (2015).
• Establishing signature events including Happy Hours and Why I Design, the museum's largest annual event. Watch the brief video.
• Developing Your Future Home: Creating the New Vancouver (2016). Programming includes city walking tours and a quiz show.
• Developing Unbelievable, an exhibition that engaged people in an exploration of the power of story.
• Developing and procuring funding for an institution-defining project revoloving around stories of trust.